We offer standard sizes and options for each of our tables. For customers who are looking to reach outside of our standard design, we offer custom options for a small upgrade.
We pride ourselves in being a small shop where you and your opinions are appreciated. We understand that your purchase is of the utmost importance so we focus on the specifics of what you want in your new table.
When we receive a custom table order, your build is thoughtfully planned and crafted according to your preferences. Most of our tables are built by the Rustic Trades Standard (as noted below) however, we understand you may want your table slightly different. Here are your options when ordering your custom piece.
First you start with one of our table models. Our tables are named by their base design, not the top. You will notice the Weston and the Emerson have a similar top. What makes them unique is the base. Once you pick the model/base you like then we can start with the customization.
This is easy. We offer 4 types to top shapes: Rectangle, Round, Circle and Oval. Some tops are limited to the model and visa versa. If you like a round top, please be sure to select a pedestal option (Jameson Pedestal, Weston Pedestal, and either of the triple pedestals.) We also offer Live Edge Slab tops… Please call us if you are interested.
We can make your top in almost any dimension: Large or small. You may have a unique space and require a unique size table outside of our standard options… We are the company for you!
The top style is the difference in the personality of the table top. We offer a few different styles in two categories.
Farm Category- Top is 2 3/4 inch thick. Each plank used in the top is noticeable, celebrating the uniqueness of each board used.
- Farm Top (our standard)- Noticeable seams, Rough sawn (saw marks), distressed, rustic, beautiful.
- Farm Surfaced- Noticeable seams, NON Rough sawn, cleaner look, brings out wood grain.
Slab Category- Top is roughly 1.75 inches thick built from slab material (thicker wood). This category is for a more modern/contemporary/office focused look while retaining the natural rusticness of the wood species.
- Seamless Slab- Looks like one solid, big piece of wood. Super clean, no seams, no distressing, no rough sawn yet beautiful. Wood grain is definitely the highlight with seamless slab.
- Farm Slab- Like the seamless slab yet we show the seams. This is a mix between farm surfaced and seamless slab; rustic, yet clean.
- 7/8 Seamless Slab- A thinner, more modern table top that is 7/8″ (almost an inch) thick.
How do you want the boards on the top of the table to be arranged? We offer two options: Cross Board (Farm Table) and Stretched (Seamless Slab)
Our color options are a combination of wood species and coloring. We use three different types of wood for our tops: Cherry (Standard), Walnut, White Oak, and Reclaimed Oak. Each of these species have different color options. Here they are:
- Signature Multi Layered Dark (on cherry)- Depth that doesn’t compromise on character. (80% of our tables are made with this color)
- Georgia Brown (on cherry)- Rich brown color with many high and low tones. Wood features stand out.
- Ebony- For the customer that likes a dark colored table but less reddish undertones.
- Rustic Slate Grey (on cherry)- Color is a beautiful rustic gray with a copper undertone in distressed areas.
- Rustic Slate Grey (on white oak)- Brings our a lighter undertone under the grey color while oak grain comes through.
- Natural white oak- We use white oak without any stain or coloring. Color is a light blond.
- Natural Walnut- We use walnut with minimal stain or coloring. Beautiful, natural dark color like chocolate milk.
- Rustic Cream (on Cherry)
- Rustic Cream (on White Oak)
We believe that our farm tables are only as rustic as the wood we use to build them. Many people have different expectations of what a rustic table looks like so it is important that you understand what level of rustiness you are ordering. We have created three categories of rustiness that you can choose when placing an order. Each level requires more or less attention from our creative craftsman. Our material arrives with varying amounts of knots and holes in each board. Most boards have one or two knots and maybe a hole. Some boards have no holes with a knot while very few have no holes with maybe a small knot or depression. Wood material is heavy and takes a lot of time to shift through to find the right board for our customers preference. So, finding ONLY boards with no holes and very few knots is very difficult and time consuming. This is why we charge a small fee for each level of rusticness.
Description of each level of “rusticness” (view diagram here)
- Heavy: We find boards that have significant rustic features like long, deep knots and unique holes. A heavy rustic table will have a few knots/depressions on random boards as well as three or more holes varying in size.
- Standard: We find material that matches our description of a very practical, usable, friendly dining table. A standard table had a couple small knots and a couple small holes the size of the tip of your pinky finger. This description is how we designed and envisioned our tables to be. You can be confident that your standard rustic table will be unique, beautiful and ONE OF A KIND!
- Clean: We dig deep and I mean deep to find material that have NO holes and limited, small knots with close to no depressions.. We do our best to keep the rustic look while avoiding the cookie cutter, manufactured look that other table manufacturers provide. We believe that the natural knots and holes of the table are what make the table unique. However, we understand that many people desire a rustic table that looks “less rustic.” This is why we are happy to accommodate your wishes.
We are often asked if we can build leaf extensions for your table, and the answer is yes! We have designed a leaf system that allows for easy extensions to create more space and comfortability around the table for all of your guests. It’s a simple set up, and adds no hassle to dinner party preparation.
Our optional leaf system is 12″ extensions for tables that are 5′ or longer. Our leaves require a certain table length to ensure design strength and sturdiness. Please note that we are unable to add leaves to round or oval tables.
After you select your table model, the option to add leaves will be available when you choose to “Customize now.”