We pride ourselves in being a small shop where you and your opinions are appreciated. We understand that your purchase is of the utmost importance so we focus on the specifics of what you want in your new table.
Start by selecting your favorite model, then choose from an array of options including size, finish, wood species, and even the level of distressing. The aesthetic details are all up to you.
Once you’ve made your custom selections, your project receives the sole attention of our craftsmen, who bespoke engineer each table, desk and barn door from scratch in one of our shops located in Georgia and Colorado.
First you start with one of our table models. Our tables are named by their base design, not the top. You will notice the Weston and the Emerson have a similar top. What makes them unique is the base. Once you pick the model/base you like then we can start with the customization.
This is easy. We offer 4 types to top shapes: Rectangle, Round, Square and Oval. Some shapes are limited to the model and visa versa- For instance, if you like a round top, please be sure to select a pedestal option. (Jameson or Weston… And depending on how large of a round we may recommend a double or triple pedestal!) We also offer Live Edge Slab tops… Please call us if you are interested.
We offer standard sizes for all of our table models and shapes. However, if you are looking for a unique size to compliment your space, we will be happy to build based on your custom specs!
The top style is the difference in the personality of the table top. We offer a few different styles in two categories.
Farm Category- The “Farm” Top is built to a generous thickness of 2 3/4 inches. The farm top is constructed on a frame or skirt with visible seams between each board, and cross boards on each end that we refer to as the bread boards.
FARM TEXTURE OPTIONS:
- Standard Farm – Noticeable seams, Rough sawn (saw marks), distressed, rustic, beautiful.
- Farm Surfaced – Noticeable seams, NON Rough sawn, smooth, cleaner look, brings out wood grain.
Slab Category- Our Seamless Slab is built with thicker material and constructed without a skirt or frame. Each board runs the length of the entire table and is joined together to create a seamless, smooth top. The Seamless Slab looks like one clean, solid piece of wood.
SLAB THICKNESS OPTIONS:
- 1 3/4 Seamless Slab- (Our standard) – A sleek option for a cleaner, more modern feel. Commonly used for office spaces, conference tables, or a contemporary design.
- 7/8 Seamless Slab- A thinner construction that is almost an inch thick. This works well for smaller accessory pieces such as coffee tables, side tables, or desks.
Our color options are a combination of wood species and coloring. We use three different types of wood for our tops: Cherry (Standard), Walnut, White Oak, and Reclaimed Oak. Each of these species have different color options. Here they are:
- Signature Multi Layered Dark (on cherry)- Depth that doesn’t compromise on character. (80% of our tables are made with this color)
- Georgia Brown (on cherry)- Rich brown color with many high and low tones. Wood features stand out.
- Ebony- For the customer that likes a dark colored table but less reddish undertones.
- Rustic Slate Grey (on cherry)- Color is a beautiful rustic gray with a copper undertone in distressed areas.
- Rustic Slate Grey (on white oak)- Brings our a lighter undertone under the grey color while oak grain comes through.
- Natural white oak- We use white oak without any stain or coloring. Color is a light blond.
- Natural Walnut- We use walnut with minimal stain or coloring. Beautiful, natural dark color like chocolate milk.
- Rustic Cream (on Cherry)
- Rustic Cream (on White Oak)
We believe that our farm tables are only as rustic as the wood we use to build them. Many people have different expectations of what a rustic table looks like so it is important that you understand what level of rusticness you are ordering. We have created three categories of rusticness that you can choose when placing an order. Each level requires more or less attention from our creative craftsmen. Our material arrives with varying amounts of knots and holes in each board. Most boards have one or two knots and maybe a hole. Some boards have no holes with a knot while very few have no holes with maybe a small knot or depression. Wood material is heavy and takes a lot of time to shift through to find the right board for our customers preference. So, finding ONLY boards with no holes and very few knots is very difficult and time consuming. This is why we charge a small fee for each level of rusticness.
Description of each level of “rusticness” (view diagram here)
- Heavy: We find boards that have significant rustic features like long, deep knots and unique holes. A heavy rustic table will have a few knots/depressions on random boards as well as three or more holes varying in size.
- Standard: We find material that matches our description of a very practical, usable, friendly dining table. A standard table had a couple small knots and a couple small holes the size of the tip of your pinky finger. This description is how we designed and envisioned our tables to be. You can be confident that your standard rustic table will be unique, beautiful and ONE OF A KIND!
- Clean: We dig deep and I mean deep to find material that have NO holes and limited, small knots with close to no depressions.. We do our best to keep the rustic look while avoiding the cookie cutter, manufactured look that other table manufacturers provide. We believe that the natural knots and holes of the table are what make the table unique. However, we understand that many people desire a rustic table that looks “less rustic.” This is why we are happy to accommodate your wishes.
We are often asked if we can build leaf extensions for your table, and the answer is yes! We have designed a leaf system that allows for easy extensions to create more space and comfortability around the table for all of your guests. It’s a simple set up, and adds no hassle to dinner party preparation.
Our optional leaf system is 12″ extensions for tables that are 5′ or longer. Our leaves require a certain table length to ensure design strength and sturdiness. Please note that we are unable to add leaves to round or oval tables.
After you select your table model, the option to add leaves will be available when you choose to “Customize now.”